Thursday, June 7, 2012

Garbage painting

So this post is totally me being way too excited about a painting my husband scored for free
That's right - free!

For those of you who don't know, my husband drives a garbage truck. Which means he has access to lots of "treasures" aka hoarding crap to put in his future man cave (usually)

But here's what he got for me this week! A Monet reproduction with a beautiful ornate frame! Um seriously, who would throw this out? 


The light in the corner is from the flash, the painting has no defects!
It had a small yard sale sticker on the side of it that said $5, I would have gladly paid five dollars, but I didn't have to :)


Check out the details on the frame!




Just for some juxtaposition, my husband also got me this out of the trash on the same day. Proving he has no idea what I like haha


Not my style, although it matches the wall color

At least he tries, can't complain about that :)  Love you Richard


 Fiona wearing Daddy's hat, too cute


If you're wondering where the framed picture that my sister drew is, don't worry it just migrated into the dining room. Everything's been rotating lately as we're packing up to move! More details to come after we close, don't want to jinx it!

No comments:

Post a Comment